I’m aware there’s a TONNE of writing on here but I wanted to put it all in one place, with it’s own little headings and sections, to keep the rest of the site cleaner! Should you not find the answer your after, hit the “Get In Touch” button, throw me your question and await my reply!
With all my portraits I do my best to capture the likeness of your pet in my own unique style that you can see throughout my work in the Gallery. I will work with you to produce a piece you can be proud to exhibit on your wall and I take great pride in producing all my portraits.
- The prices for my commissioned works are approximate. Should I feel your picture will be a little more complicated and therefore take longer than normal, adding cost, I will discuss this with you.
- Additional pets in your portrait. Prices for more than 1 pet in your portrait are shown in the table. A mock up photo will be produced so the composition of the final drawing can be agreed with you before any work starts.
- The smaller the portrait size, the less detail I can add. As an example, imagine working on a postage stamp in comparison to a 6ft sq canvas! Please keep this in mind when considering your pet portrait.
- Orders over £50 include Royal Mail Special Delivery and packaging costs. Original works under £50 will require a signature on delivery.
- Pastel pieces are, unless specified, posted unmounted. They are sent with a glassine layer of paper to cover the portrait and sandwiched between 2 foam boards. If you would like your artwork mounted please do contact me.
- Please note that paper size is approximate but as close to that stated. Sizes vary between paper types and whether in a ring binder or not.
- All final portraits will have a blank border or plain border of approximately 0.5 – 1 inch. This is so you can easily frame it without losing any drawing.
- A basic background (shading) is included if I feel this will enhance the piece, but if you would like a more complicated background please contact me to discuss your requirements and additional costs.
- On agreeing to go ahead with your commissioned portrait, I will require a £25 non-refundable deposit to guarantee and book your place.
- I ask for at least one month to complete your work. Should you have a deadline please do let me know. It is wise to plan well ahead for any deadlines!
- If you wish, I can keep you up-to-date with regular photos of the progression of the work, whether this be online via my Work in Progress slot or to you privately. Just let me know.
- On completion, a photo will be sent to you for approval. The final amount owing will need to be paid and I will invoice you by email. Payment is accepted via PayPal or BACs. Your portrait will be posted on clearance of funds.
- COPYRIGHT. I own the copyright to all works I create. It is against copyright rules, and disrespectful, to copy/reproduce any artists work without their prior consent. Please do not do it! I reserve the right to show on social media and my website all works I create unless specifically agreed otherwise with you, my customer.
- PAYMENTS PLAN: I understand the cost of your portrait may be a little hard on the wallet all in one go so why not spread the cost over 3, 6 or 9 months? If this is something you would like further details on please email me.
|SIZE||Single Portrait||Additional 1||Additional 2|
|6” x 8.3” approx. A5||£91|
|8.3” x 11.7” approx. A4||£117|
|11.7” x 16.5” approx. A3||£143|
|SIZE||Single Portrait||Additional 1||Additional 2|
|6” x 7.5” approx. A5||£97.50|
|7.5” x 12” approx. A4||£123.50|
|12” x 15.5” approx. A3||£156|
TIPS FOR YOUR PHOTOS
I ask, if possible, for:
- 4 or 5 photos that you love of your pet, preferably from different angles in different poses. The best photos are at eye level, so get down to your pet’s level!
- Avoid red-eye or flash rebound.
- Include at least head AND shoulder photo for a head portrait, this helps with getting perspective.
- The photo(s) should be as clear as possible. The more detail you can give me the more detail I can add to the portrait.
I will choose a photo that I feel would transfer better to paper to produce a good portrait and confirm this with you. The main thing is, you have to love the photos you send and the better the quality the better the drawing.
- Single orders will be sent in either hard-backed envelopes or postal tubes, dependent on size and type.
- Multiple orders, items will, if possible, be shipped together so they all arrive together.
I do my best to make sure your item is wrapped safely for delivery, however:
- Should your item be delivered damaged in the post please keep hold of the packaging and your item and contact me upon receipt. A claim will need to be made with Royal Mail and they ask for specific details in order to do this. Please send me photos of your damaged item including the packaging. Please see Royal Mail’s website for more details on lost or damaged items.
- An item cannot be replaced if you have caused the damage yourself, so please take care when removing from the packaging!
I aim to send a monthly newsletter with information about any work(s) I am currently doing, exhibits I may have coming up, competitions and any other news I feel you would be interested in. You can join by clicking this link: Mailing List – the Sign Up button is also under the social media buttons on the top right of each page. Simply enter your name and email address. You can unsubscribe at any time and I promise not to spam you!
Privacy is of upmost importance. Your information will never be shared with any third party. Information you share with Mel Newing Art will be gathered for the sole purpose of marketing and email preferences with relation to artwork/videos, future events/competitions and offers relating to my art.
- Make sure to add me to your address book so I don’t get lost in the junk mail!